Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has won BBC Sport’s Premier League Player of the Season with 23% of the votes.
A lot has changed at Anfield since Liverpool’s title push in 2013/14, but one thing that has remained constant from Brendan Rodgers side is Jordan Henderson. This season he has been successfully captaining the Liverpool side to a record-breaking title.
Jordan Henderson has been in sensational form this season so far. He has been integral to Liverpool’s successful run of games in the Premier League, holding the midfield and the team with his leadership.
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson wins the #PremierLeague Player of the Season with 23% of the votes!
— Match of the Day (@BBCMOTD) May 7, 2020
Jordan Henderson’s stats this season so far:
- Games – 25
- Starts – 22
- Goals – 3
- Assists – 5
- Tackles – 37
- Interceptions – 24
- Chances created – 31
However, these stats tell you half the story. The other half of the story comes from watching him bossing the midfield both as a number 8 as well as a number 6 in Fabinho’s absence. The Reds skipper has been an absolute beast in the midfield this season but he doesn’t always gets the credit that he deserves. He missed a few games before the league’s suspension and it is no surprise that Liverpool struggled without him.
Henderson is also a strong contender for the PFA Player of the Season award alongside Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne. One wouldn’t be too wrong in saying that the Reds skipper has been one of the most important players at Anfield this season so far.
Other voted winners of the BBC Sport’s awards of the season so far:
– Women’s Super League Player of the Season: Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal Women)
– Premier League manager: Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
– Women’s Super League manager: Emma Hayes (Chelsea Women)
– Surprise package: Adama Traore (Wolves)
– Premier League Young player: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
– Women’s Super League Young player: Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal Women)
– Signing of the season: Dean Henderson (Sheffield United)
– Goal of the season: Son Heung-Min vs Burnley
– Moment of the Season: Watford 3-0 Liverpool